Glass and Tile Medium can be added to Jo Sonja® Matte Fluid Acrylics to make them suitable for painting on glass, glazed ceramics and enamel. It should be used in conjunction with Glass and Tile Primer if items cannot be cured in the oven.
• Apply a liberal coat of Chroma’s Jo Sonja Glass & Tile Medium to area to be painted and allow to dry. (This step is optional, however will promote better adhesion of painted design to surface.) For maximum adhesion, there must be adequate Glass & Tile Medium in contact with the surface.
• Thoroughly mix color with Glass & Tile Medium beginning with a ratio of 1 part Chroma’s Jo Sonja Artists’ Colors to 3 parts medium.
• Use Glass & Tile Medium in the brush for floated color and glazing. Do not dilute with water or other mediums. The addition of other mediums may decrease the adhesion of paint to the surface. Rinse brush when paint begins to drag. Dress brush in a small amount of Glass & Tile Medium and pinch wipe to remove any traces of water.
• To reduce transparency, layer color or decrease ratio of medium to color. If medium is decreased or for increased durability, apply two coats of Glass & Tile Medium over painted area when complete. Dry well between each layer.
• For maximum durability, finish with 1 to 3 coats of Chroma’s Jo Sonja Polyurethane Water Based Gloss, Satin or Matte Varnish.
• Allow painted items to cure for a minimum of two weeks before use.
• While remarkably durable, this system is for decorative purposes only.
Carefully hand wash and avoid harsh abrasives or chemicals.
Caution: Not intended for use in food contact applications
Approximate coverage: 1 ml = 62 sq cm / 1 oz = 2 sq ft