Flow Medium is added to Chroma’s Jo Sonja Artists’ and Background Colors and other Chroma’s Jo Sonja Mediums for thinning as needed for paint application or various techniques such as fi ne detail or linework and airbrushing. Add to colors when a smooth basecoat is required. Flow Medium will extend the drying time of the
Note: The addition of water to thin Chroma’s Jo Sonja Artists’ Colors or Chroma’s Jo Sonja Background Colors may over-dilute the paint causing poor coverage and adhesion to some surfaces.
• Mix small amounts of Flow Medium with paint using a brush or palette knife, beginning with an approximate ratio of 2 parts paint to 1 part Flow Medium until desired consistency is achieved. Water has a diluting effect on the pigment and adhesive qualities of acrylic. Its use should be kept to a minimum.
• Flow Medium may be used to thin colors for base coating on any surface that a smooth coat is desired including metal surfaces.
• Dry thoroughly. The addition of Flow Medium may delay drying time. A hair dryer may be used to speed surface drying.
• Dry a minimum of 48 hours before varnishing. Allow additional time depending on climate and humidity or if excessive medium is used.
• Airbrush artists may use Flow Medium to dilute Chroma’s Jo Sonja Artists’ or Background Colors beginning with a ratio of 1:1. A small amount of water may also be necessary for an even flow.
Approximate Coverage:1 ml = 188 sq cm / 1 oz = 6 sq ft