Clear Glaze Medium is a matte transparent acrylic glazing medium with several different uses. Use alone or in conjunction with Chroma’s Jo Sonja Artists’ and
Background Colors. Apply as a light sealer prior to painting, staining or varnishing or as a barrier coat between layers. Mix with base color to seal as you basecoat. Use as a general painting medium for staining, glazing and other transparent effects.
• As a sealer or barrier coat, apply a medium coat of Clear Glaze Medium to the surface using a clean brush suitable to surface size.
• Apply undiluted as a light sealer on raw wood and throughout painting. For pickling or staining wood, seal with 1 coat of Clear Glaze Medium over raw wood to ensure an even application of stain.
• Mix desired Chroma’s Jo Sonja Artists’ Color with Clear Glaze Medium to create glazes or wood stains. Begin with 3 parts Clear Glaze Medium and 1 part Retarder or color. Ratio is determined by strength of color desired. Apply paint and medium in direction of the wood grain, wiping with a soft lint free cloth to remove excess. Allow to dry before repeating layers.
• May be used as a general painting medium where transparent color is desired. For glazing or floated color, dress the brush in Clear Glaze Medium or the above Clear Glaze Medium & Retarder mix. Blend on the palette before side loading with color. Blend to soften color and apply to deepen values or enhance colors.
Apply Clear Glaze Medium undiluted throughout the painting and prior to varnishing as a protective barrier coat. Application of Clear Glaze Medium over the design area will lock down painting and allows ease of correction without disturbing previous layer.
• A maximum of three coats may be applied within 24 hours.
• A hair dryer may be used to speed surface drying.
Approximate Coverage: 1 ml = 188 sq cm / 1 oz = 6 sq ft