A vivid, rich palette. 2oz. bottles, 12 Colors.
Jo Sonja Background Colors are specially formulated to provide one coat coverage on most surfaces. The formulation varies slightly from the palette colors as they include fillers to smooth out imperfections for ease in base coating. Colors are independently tested and conform to ASTM lightfastness standards to ensure they will not fade over time.
• Use alone or in conjunction with all other Chroma’s Jo Sonja Artists’ and Background Colors.
• Use in conjunction with Chroma’s Jo Sonja Mediums for various techniques and special effects.
• Suitable for most surfaces including wood, paper, cards, illustration board, canvas, glass and terracotta.
• Available in five toned collections.
• Each collection provides a range of colors that may be used alone or in harmony with the other colors in that collection.
• For one step basecoat, mix and apply paint and All Purpose Sealer beginning with approximate proportions of 2 parts paint to 1 part All Purpose Sealer. Amount of All Purpose Sealer may be increased up to a ratio of 1:1. Basecoat may be applied with a brush, roller or sponge. Sand when dry and apply a second coat as needed without the addition of sealer.
• To thin, add small amounts of Flow Medium until desired consistency is reached. Thinning with water may decrease the adhesion of the paint to the surface.
• Chroma’s Jo Sonja Background Colors may be applied using an airbrush by thinning with Flow Medium approximately 1:1. All Purpose Sealer may be added for increased adhesion beginning with a ratio of 2 parts paint to 1 part All Purpose Sealer. Thin as needed using small amounts of distilled water to adjust consistency.
Approximate Coverage: 1ml = 188 sq cm 1 oz = 6 sq ft